Any person wanting to become a candidate for the Certificate of Advanced Study in Commercial Real Estate Development must submit the following:
Completed certificate application;
- Current resume; and
One-time application fee.
The program is open to NAIOP member and nonmember applicants.
What are the certificate program fees?
Application fee: $75 member/$150 nonmember
Extension fee*: $50 member/$100 nonmember
*This fee is for candidates who do not complete all courses with the initial 2-year timeframe.
Complete the certificate program application.
Total Costs to Complete a Certificate
Sample costs when you register for each event at the early bird rate. Prices subject to change.
4 required courses at the $795 member tuition = $3,180
Certificate application fee of $75 (Current holders of a NAIOP certificate: $50)
Grand Total - $3,255
Developing Leader Members
4 required courses at the $595 DL member tuition = $2,380
Certificate application fee of $75 (Current holders of a NAIOP Certificate: $50)
Grand Total - $2,455
4 required courses at the $995 nonmember tuition = $3,980
Certificate application fee of $150 (Current holders of a NAIOP certificate: $100)
Grand Total: $4,130
What courses are available and how many are required to earn a certificate?
The course selections and requirements are listed in the illustrations below. A total of four courses are required to complete a certificate for a total of sixty-four (64) hours:
- Two required core courses: 32 hours
- Two elective courses: 32 hours
- Total hours required: 64 hours
NAIOP Course Selections
There are 10 NAIOP courses available exclusively through The Center for Education. Each course is 16 hours long and is accessible in both the live online format as well as the traditional onsite classroom setting.
The Center for Education assigns an educational credit value for all of its offerings.
- Credit value is based on the number of elapsed hours for each offering. Values are measured in the form of both Professional Development Hours (PDH) and Continuing Education Units (CEU).
- NAIOP is a registered provider of Learning Units (LU) through the American Institute of Architects' Continuing Education Service, which regulates the LU.
- Earned educational credit is based on confirmed completion of an offering, which is recorded in a transcript by The Center for each registered student.
- Transcripts are available to each student upon request as official documentation of their work when applying to licensing and accreditation authorities for approved educational credit.