Any person wanting to become a candidate for the Certificate of Advanced Study in Commercial Real Estate Development must submit the following:
Completed certificate application;
- Current resume; and
One-time application fee.
The program is open to NAIOP member and nonmember applicants.
What are the certificate program fees?
Application fee: $75 member/$150 nonmember
Extension fee*: $50 member/$100 nonmember
*This fee is for candidates who do not complete all courses with the initial 2-year timeframe.
Complete the certificate program application.
Total Costs to Complete a Certificate
Sample costs when you register for each event at the early bird rate. Prices subject to change.
4 required courses at the $199 member tuition = $796
Certificate application fee of $75 (Current holders of a NAIOP certificate: $50)
Grand Total: $871
Developing Leader Members
4 required courses at the $149 DL member tuition = $596
Certificate application fee of $75 (Current holders of a NAIOP Certificate: $50)
Grand Total: $671
4 required courses at the $399 nonmember tuition = $1,596
Certificate application fee of $150 (Current holders of a NAIOP certificate: $100)
Grand Total: $1,746
What courses are available and how many are required to earn a certificate?
The course selections and requirements are listed in the illustrations below. A total of four courses are required to complete a certificate for a total of sixty-four (64) hours:
- Two required core courses: 32 hours
- Two elective courses: 32 hours
- Total hours required: 64 hours
NAIOP Course Selections
There are 10 NAIOP courses available exclusively through The Center for Education. Each course is 16 hours long and is accessible as an on-demand course.
The Center for Education assigns an educational credit value for all of its offerings.
- Credit value is based on the number of elapsed hours for each offering. Values are measured in the form of both Professional Development Hours (PDH) and Continuing Education Units (CEU).
- NAIOP is a registered provider of Learning Units (LU) through the American Institute of Architects' Continuing Education Service, which regulates the LU.
- Earned educational credit is based on confirmed completion of an offering, which is recorded in a transcript by The Center for each registered student.
- Transcripts are available to each student upon request as official documentation of their work when applying to licensing and accreditation authorities for approved educational credit.