What Women Say About Careers in CRE
A Market Share blog post on the 2015 Benchmark Study Report: Women in Commercial Real Estate, by Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network.
It’s good to be the Queen…but it’s easier being the King.
By Adam Galinsky and Maurice Schweitzer
According to a study of diversity and innovation reported in the December 2013 issue of Harvard Business Review:
- Companies with high levels of diversity are 45 percent more likely to report growth in market share over the previous year, and 70 percent more likely to report having captured a new market.
- A team with a member who shares a client's ethnicity is 152 percent more likely than another team to understand the client.
- Leaders who give diverse voices equal airtime are nearly twice as likely as others to unleash value-driving insights, and employees encouraged to “speak up” are 3.5 times more likely to contribute their full innovative potential.
- Diversity and Inclusion: 'You Have to Have This Conversation'
Industry leaders share advice on how to turn lofty ideals into concrete plans for action.
Development, Summer 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Roundtable Delves Into ‘Constructive Conflict’
Development, Spring 2019
- Building a More Diverse Future CRE Workforce
Development, Summer 2018
- Six Students Receive NAIOP Diversity CRE Scholarships
Development, Fall 2017
- Colliers International's Advisor Development Program
Development, Summer 2017
- CBRE's Ongoing Journey of Diversity and Inclusion
Development, Spring 2017
- Rising CRE Stars Making an Impact on the Industry
Development, Winter 2016/2017
- Five Students Receive Inaugural NAIOP Diversity CRE Scholarships
Development, Fall 2016
- Duke Realty Increases Diversity and Inclusion
Development, Summer 2016
- Social Inclusion Best Practices: Forest City Washington
Development, Spring 2016
- Fifteen Outstanding Developing Leaders Shaping a Bright Future for CRE
Development, Winter 2015/2016
- 50/50 by 2020
Development, Fall 2015
- ACRE Paves Path to Success for Minorities
Development, Summer 2015
- Closing the Gender Diversity Gap
Development, Spring 2015
- NAIOP 2014 Developing Leader Awards Showcase Rising CRE Talent
Development, Winter 2014
- Moving on Up: Developing Leaders Speak Out in Seattle
Development, Fall 2014
- Developing Leader Sees Relationship Building as Key to Expanding Opportunities
Development, Summer 2014
- The Youth Movement: Developing Leaders on NAIOP Board Speak Out
Development, Spring 2014
- NAIOP 2013 Developing Leader Awards Showcasing Young Talent
Development, Winter 2013
- Ross Minority Program in Real Estate Expands to San Diego
Development, Fall 2013
- Developing Leader Views Education, Volunteerism as Keys to Expanding Diversity in Commercial Real Estate
Development, Fall 2013
- Annual University Real Estate Challenge Is Key Real Estate Event in Colorado
Development, Summer 2013
Why Should You Support Project REAP?
Commercial Real Estate Diversity Report, August 2013