Board of Directors
Central Ohio Chapter
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
The McCabe Companies
Stream & Wetlands
NAIOP of Ohio President
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
NAIOP of Ohio Treasurer
Chairman, NAIOP National Executive Committee
Al. Neyer, LLC
City of Cincinnati
David S. Dickerson
NAIOP of Ohio Secretary
Miller Valentine Group
Montgomery County Land Reutilization Corp
Mark Fornes Realty
Woodard Real Estate Resources
Northern Ohio Chapter
NAIOP of Ohio Vice President
Duffy+Duffy Cost Segregation Services
Sikora Law LLC
Siegel Jennings Co., L.P.A.
NAIOP of Ohio 2018 Legislative Action Agenda
2018 Legislative Success
- NAIOP of Ohio recently led the way in helping to draft and secure the enactment of statutory amendments to clarify the scope of community reinvestment area real property tax exemptions for renovated buildings and to clarify the scope of real property tax exemptions for properties for which covenants not to sue are issued. Before these clarifications, some developers undertaking challenging redevelopment projects were not securing the property tax exemptions that they expected based on the intent of those laws.
- NAIOP of Ohio board members regularly meet proactively with federal and state environmental regulators to help the regulators understand commercial real estate development and how regulations impact the development community.
- The NAIOP of Ohio board regularly hosts state political leaders to help them understand matters of importance to the commercial real estate community and to build constructive relationships with them. Within the past couple years, the board has met with both major parties’ gubernatorial tickets, Senate President Obhof, and Speaker Smith.
- Along with historic preservation advocates and others, NAIOP of Ohio helped to save the Ohio historic preservation tax credit when it was slated for elimination in the 2015 biennial budget bill. Because of time limitations, only one Ohio historic preservation tax credit advocate was provided the opportunity to testify before the Senate Finance Committee, and that speaker was a NAIOP of Ohio board member.
- NAIOP of Ohio was a lead advocate behind the enactment of state legislation that authorized local governments to approve property tax exemptions for the increase in value of property planned for commercial or industrial development while the property is in the pre-development stage.
- NAIOP of Ohio was a lead advocate behind the enactment of state legislation that made important revisions to Ohio’s recording curative statute to make it more consistent with that of others states.
U.S. EPA and U.S. ACE Propose New Definition of “Waters of the United States”
Market Share, Posted On December 19, 2018 By William T. Acton
Northern Long-Eared Bat Listing as Endangered Species Impacts Commercial Development
Market Share, Posted On August 17, 2016 By William T. Acton
Opinion: Congress should fix property deduction flaw
Cincinnati.com | The Enquirer, Published August 26, 2018 By Jim Neyer
Federal Tax Bulletin: Qualified Opportunity Zones: Proposed Regulations Provide Investors with Guidance on Several Important Questions
Vorys.com, Posted October 31, 2018
Client Alert: Proposed Legislation in Ohio to Create Tax Credit for Opportunity Zone Investments
Vorys.com, Posted September 10, 2018 By Christopher Knezevic